“A believer never stops inculcating knowledge and manners to all his family members, young or elderly, slave and even neighbor till he makes them reach paradise.“
Imam Sadiq a.s Mustadrak 12/200, Daeemul Islam 1/82
On behalf of all the volunteers at Al-Haadi Study Centre, we send our condolences to Imam of our time (ajtf) and to all the believers on the wafat of Bibi Fatema Zahra (a).
We hope everyone is well and making the most of the holidays. InshaAllah, our classes will resume on Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023 at 10:45 am.
This update includes:
– Pizza lunch registration; please sign up by Dec. 31, 2022
– Winter break challenge (Dec. 24 – Jan 7)
– Community Service Award & volunteering opportunities for students
– Charity Campaign for 2022-23; just in time for last minute donations for 2022 tax receipts.
Pizza Lunch: InshaAllah, we will offer a pizza lunch program on the following seven (7) Sundays: Jan.15, 22, 29, Feb. 5, 12, 26, and Mar. 6. Here are the logistics, based on the limited number of volunteers available to administer this program:
1. Cheese pizza, from Madani Fine Foods, individually packaged to minimize handling.
2. Price = $1.60 per slice, hence total cost = $11.20 for a single slice on 7 Sundays, or $22.40 for two slices on 7 Sundays.
3. Must signup for all seven days; cannot select specific days.
4. No refund after registration and payment since we will provide quantity to vendor.
5. No refund if student is absent on any of the days.
6. If there is a madrassah event consisting of lunch for all students on one of the above-mentioned dates or madrassah is closed (e.g. due to inclement weather), pizza will be provided on the next available Sunday after the month of Ramadhan.
Signup and payment will be via Event option by logging onto www.al-haadi.ca. Please sign up by Dec. 31st. Parent will need the family login id and password. Select the Event titled Pizza Jan-Mar 2023, select the # of slices and make payment. Save payment confirmation which will be sent via e-mail. If you cannot find your family login, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Winter Break Challenge (Salat & Wudhu)
Parents, please encourage your child(ren) to participate in the Winter Break Challenge.
Start Date: Sat. Dec. 24, 2022
End Date: Sat. Jan. 7, 2023
Students to submit form indicating # of days challenge was achieved, by Sat. Jan. 14, 2023.
- See below for daily requirements for each grade. Keep track of how many days you achieved all daily requirements and at the end of the challenge period, submit the form posted in Dinyat Google Classroom/Challenges.
- 1 stamp will be awarded for each day all daily requirements are achieved, plus 1 stamp for benefits objective; max. 16 stamps for Winter Break Challenge.
- Taqibat (duas after salat) can be found on http://www.duas.org/Duaaftersalat.pdf.
- If you have any questions, post a comment in Google Classroom or send an e-mail to email@example.com, with subject: ‘Winter Break Challenge’.
|G1 & 2||1. Recite any 1 salat per day
2. Describe 2 benefits of reciting salat
|G3 & 4 (non-baligh)||1. Recite at least Dhuhr & Maghrib on time (not qadhaa), per day
2. Do shukkar sajdah at least once per day
3. Describe 2 benefits of reciting salat
|G4 Baligh & G5-7||1. Recite all 5 wajib salat on time (not qadhaa) per day
2. Recite tasbeeh of Lady Fatema Zahra (a) after at least 1 salat each day
3. Do shukkar sajdah at least once per day
4. Perform wudhu before going to sleep each day
5. Describe 2 benefits of reciting salat
|G8-10||1. Recite adhan & iqamah & all 5 wajib salat on time (not qadhaa) each day
2. Recite tasbeeh of Lady Fatima Zahra (a) after at least 2 salaat each day
3. Do shukkar sajdah at least 2 times per day
4. Perform wudhu before going to sleep each day
5. Describe 2 benefits of reciting salat (at least 1 Quranic verse or Hadith, with reference)
|G11-12||1. Recite adhan & iqamah & all 5 wajib salat on time (not qadhaa), tasbeeh of Lady Fatema Zahra (a) for each salat, and shukkar sajdah at least 3 times, each day
2. Recite taqibat after at least 2 salat each day
3. Perform wudhu before going to sleep each day
4. Describe 2 benefits of reciting salat (at least 1 Quranic verse or Hadith, with reference)
|Community Class||Based on student goal|
Community Service Award Challenge
Parents, please support your child(ren) to qualify for the Community Service Award by helping them find volunteering opportunities during the holidays.
For volunteering opportunities, see:
Note: some opportunities are onsite, this week or next week. Opportunities will be added to the list as they become available so check on a regular basis.
In collaboration with Az-Zahra Foundation, we are launching this year’s Charity Campaign! We pledge to provide WATER AID in remote areas where there is no water and we pledge to SUPPORT ORPHANS, WIDOWS & VULNERABLE CHILDREN.
Kindly discuss the charity with your family and friends and participate via donations. The donations will be tracked by dinyat class and donation receipts will be emailed instantly when you donate online at the link below.
When you check out, in the ‘Additional Information section’, enter ‘Al-Haadi’ and your child’s dinyat class e.g. ‘Al-Haadi D3B’, so we can track donations by class. You can choose to donate any amount or select from the options suggested on the site; each one of us can make a huge difference, inshaAllah. The class that raises the most funds at the end of the campaign will win a prize. Click on the below link for details and to donate.
If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fatima Khimji & Amjad Datoo
Principal Vice Principal
Al-Haadi Study Centre
AHSC Tech Support/Suggestion form: https://forms.gle/7yrnM2M8FVZCWaSQ8
AHSC Volunteers Application form: https://forms.gle/MW3STaio5PkC9Q6N8