“A believer never stops inculcating knowledge and manners to all his family members, young or elderly, slave and even neighbor till he makes them reach paradise.“
Imam Sadiq a.s Mustadrak 12/200, Daeemul Islam 1/82
Please be advised that due the ISIJ Jaffari Islamic Youth (JIY) program at JCC for all families on Sunday Dec. 18 to watch the FIFA World Cup Soccer Finals, Al-Haadi Study Centre will open at 12:45 pm instead of 10:45 am. We know many students and volunteers would like to watch the game and our time change will enable families to take advantage of this free JIY program which includes food and refreshments. See Community Announcements section below for info on the JIY program, along with registration link for adults.
– Families who join the JIY program: please ensure students go to their Dinyat class by 1 pm.
– Families who choose not to join the JIY program: please drop off your child(ren) at Gate of Sadiq (a) Door #6 between 12:45 and 1 PM so students can go to their dinyat classroom.
– For clarity: there will be no Quran classes this Sunday, and Al-Haadi SC supervision of students will begin near the classrooms at 12:45 pm; there will be no Al-Haadi SC supervision of students during the JIY program.
Dec. 18th is the last day of classes for 2022; we will close for the winter break and re-open on Jan. 8th, inshaAllah.
The Winter Break challenge for students will be posted in Dinyat Google Classrooms by Sunday.
Early Pick Up Policy: If you need to pick up your child(ren) early, please send a note with your child so the Teacher is aware. When you arrive at JCC, go to the Coordinator’s desk on the respective floor where your child(ren)’s classes are and the Coordinator will bring the child(ren) from the classroom. Due to safety issues, students cannot leave the class and wait near the exit door.
Cellphone Policy: Some students still need help to break the habit of using cellphone during Madrassah. Parent assistance is required to reinforce that cellphones cannot be used during madrassah hours. This is to protect the privacy of students and avoid distractions. If a student uses the cellphone, it will be taken by a volunteer and will need to be picked up at the Coordinator’s desk at the end of the classes.
Pizza Lunch: InshaAllah, we will offer a pizza lunch program on the following seven (7) Sundays: Jan.15, 22, 29, Feb. 5, 12, 26, and Mar. 6. Here are the logistics, based on the limited number of volunteers available to administer this program:
1. Cheese pizza, from Madani Fine Foods, individually packaged to minimize handling.
2. Price = $1.60 per slice, hence total cost = $11.20 for a single slice on 7 Sundays, or $22.40 for two slices on 7 Sundays.
3. Must signup for all seven days; cannot select specific days.
4. No refund after registration and payment since we will provide quantity to vendor.
5. No refund if student is absent on any of the days.
6. If there is a madrassah event consisting of lunch for all students on one of the above-mentioned dates or madrassah is closed (e.g. due to inclement weather), pizza will be provided on the next available Sunday after the month of Ramadhan.
Signup and payment will be via an Event option by logging onto www.al-haadi.ca. Parent will need the family login id and password. If you cannot find this, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Details on how to sign up will be sent in the next few days and the last day to sign up will be Dec. 31st.
If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Fatima Khimji & Amjad Datoo