“To look at cheerfully at the face of a brother Muslim is a part of worship.”
Imam Sajjad a.s Tuhful Uqool, p.282
InshaAllah, classes will resume on Sunday, April 30th @ 10:45 am. A small treat will be provided to all students at end of Dinyat class.
We are nearing the end of this school year; please see the key dates below, ensure students submit all assignments by May 14, and save Saturday, June 24 10:30 – 1:30 pm for our Annual Awards & Graduation event.
Pizza Lunch program update:
April 30th will be the last day for pizza lunch for all students who had been signed up for the Jan-March Pizza lunch program.
Pizza Lunch Program May & June: Thanks to all who have already signed up. Reminder last day to register is April 30; no extensions.
InshaAllah, we will offer a pizza lunch program on the following six (6) Sundays: May 7, 14, 28, June 4, 11, and 18. Here are the logistics, based on the limited number of volunteers available to administer this program:
1. Cheese pizza, from Madani Fine Foods, individually packaged to minimize handling.
2. Price = $1.95 per slice, hence total cost = $11.70 for a single slice on 6 Sundays
3. Must signup for all six days; cannot select specific days.
4. No refund after registration and payment since we will provide quantity to vendor.
5. No refund if student is absent on any of the days.
6. If there is a madrassah event consisting of lunch for all students on one of the above-mentioned dates or madrassah is closed (e.g. due to inclement weather), pizza will be provided on the next available Sunday.
Parents can signup and pay via Event option by logging using family login id and password onto www.al-haadi.ca using a laptop or computer (will not work on a cellphone). Select the Event titled Pizza May & June 2023, select # of slices and make payment. Save payment confirmation which will be sent via e-mail. If you cannot find your family login, send an e-mail to email@example.com . If you have logged in but are not able to use the Event, please send a screenprint of error message to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Charity Campaign Update:
Our charity campaign continues in collaboration with Zahra Foundation. The class which raises the most funds will win a prize. Please donate for any of the following causes. Tax receipts will be provided by The Zahra Foundation. The following packages are available via: https://zahrafoundation.ca/al-haadi/
– Water Aid
– Support for widows, orphans, and vulnerable people
– Earthquake Relief
– Karbala Orphanage Visit
During checkout, please specify child’s dinyat class, e.g, D6A, D9B, etc. so the donations can count towards the class.
- 30: Last day to sign up students for May/June pizza program
- May 14: Last day for students to submit all assessments and assignments
- May 21: Closed (Victoria Day Holiday)
- May 28: Ghusl/kaffan demo for Grades 11 & 12 (during dinyat)
- May 28: Drop off toiletries donations near Door #6 for distribution to needy families
- May 31: Last day for students to accumulate volunteering hours
- June 4: Last day for students to submit log for 2022-23 Community Service Award
- June 4: Potential field trip for G9-11 girls to United Muslim Women of Canada (UMWC) Food Bank (tbc)
- June 24: Saturday; Year end awards & graduation event (10:30 am – 1:30 pm; JCC)
If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Fatima Khimji & Amjad Datoo
Principal Vice Principal
Al-Haadi Study Centre
AHSC Tech Support/Suggestion form: https://forms.gle/7yrnM2M8FVZCWaSQ8
AHSC Volunteers Application form: https://forms.gle/MW3STaio5PkC9Q6N8