Achievement of glorious feats is through performing noble deeds.” Imam Ali (as) reference: al-islam.
This update includes:
1. Hardcopy book requests
2. Parent/Teacher Meet & Greet – Oct. 3rd
3. Student Council/Challenge Zone
4. Key Upcoming Dates
Hardcopy Book Requests
For those who have requested hardcopy books for G1-11, the 2nd Book Pickup & Drop-off Drive Thru is on Saturday, Oct. 2nd, from 11:30 am – 1 pm at JCC (9000 Bathurst St.).
- Deadline to request hardcopy books was Sept. 28th. All our books are available in softcopy format via the Google Classrooms.
- If you still want to submit a late request for hardcopy books please click here and submit the form latest by 8 PM Oct. 1st and we will try to set aside as many books as are available. (Link: https://forms.gle/ed7VRHDMeyaJv2ZWA)
- If you have requested books but cannot pick them up, please arrange for a backup to pick them up at the Oct. 2nd Drive Thru (provide your family id), or send an email to email@example.com to let us know the books will not be picked up… this will avoid wastage of time, effort and cost.
- If you have any Tarbiyah Storybooks or Band C or Band D textbooks which were loaned in 2019/2020, please drop them off at JCC on Oct. 2nd.
Oct. 3rd Parent/Teacher Meet & Greet
- Parents are invited to join the virtual Quran and Dinyat classes for about 10 min. this Sunday, Oct. 3rd to meet the teachers, hear about class objectives & expectations, and to address any questions.
- Watch for the e-mails from each class e-mail id indicating the zoom meeting room and when parents can join to avoid impacting student classwork.
- If you cannot join all the classes, send an e-mail to the Teacher using the class e-mail id to arrange an alternate date/time.
- Classes will run as usual and students need to join the virtual classroom at the regular time
Student Council/Challenge Zone – encourage child(ren) to get involved.
- Student Council – Grades 7-12: Great opportunity to lead student run initiatives. Students in Grades 7-12 who are interested in joining the Student Cshould inform Dinyat teacher by Oct. 3rd so Teacher can submit nomination form. Click here to watch video on why to join Student Council.
- Muharram/Safar Challenge due Oct. 17: see pg. 39-40 of Student Planner posted in www.al-haadi.ca.
Key Upcoming Dates:
Oct. 2: 11:30 am – 1 pm: Book Pickup/Drop-off Drive Thru for parents who have requested books via request form
Oct. 3: Parent/Teacher Meet & Greet (during class)
Oct. 3: Grade 7 + Students to inform Dinyat Teacher if he/she would like to be nominated for Student Council
Oct. 10: Closed due to Public Holiday
Oct. 17: Muharram/Safar Challenge due (see pg. 39-40 of Student Planner posted in www.al-haadi.ca)
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fatima Khimji & Amjad Datoo
Principal Vice Principal
Al-Haadi Study Centre