Achievement of glorious feats is through performing noble deeds.” Imam Ali (as) reference: al-islam.
Alhamdulillah, classes are going well and we’re heading into our 3rd class of this madrassah year.
This update includes:
1. Hardcopy book requests – extended to Sept. 28th; drive thru on Oct. 2
2. Islamic Fundamentals Test (Grade 5 – 12 Youth Forum) – absent students
3. Key Upcoming Dates
a. Classroom invites & parent/student info changes
b. Student Programs
c. New documents on www.al-haadi.ca
Hardcopy Book Requests
All our books are available in softcopy format via the Google Classrooms. We will, inshaAllah, have a 2nd Book Pickup & Drop-off Drive Thru on Saturday, Oct. 2nd, from 11:30 am – 1 pm at JCC (9000 Bathurst St.).
1. If you would like hardcopy books, please click here and submit this form latest by Sept 28th.
2. If you had previously requested books but could not pick them up at the 1st Drive Thru, please submit the form again.
3. Note that we will not be able to accommodate late requests and we expect parents to inform us prior to the book drive if their plans have changed and they can no longer pick up the books; this will avoid wastage of time, effort and cost.
4. If you have any loaned Tarbiyah Storybooks or Band C or Band D textbooks from 2019, please drop them off.
Link to Book Request Form: https://forms.gle/ed7VRHDMeyaJv2ZWA
Islamic Fundamentals Test – Grades 5-12 (Youth Forum)
The annual Islamic Fundamentals test was conducted during Dinyat class last Sunday, Sept 19th. InshaAllah, the marks will be provided by mid-October. For students who were absent or have registered in the past week:
1. Parents are requested to administer the test by end of day, Sunday, Sept. 26th to avoid students missing the new lesson during class time.
2. Student should log on to the Dinyat Google Classroom, complete, and ‘turn in’ the “closed book” Online test that can be found under Classwork/Assessments.
3. Please ensure your child does not refer to any material while answering the questions.
4. If you have any questions send an e-mail to your child’s teacher (email@example.com, where x= D for Dinyat or Q for Quran, y=grade, and z=A or B per registration confirmation e-mail).
5. Study material is available in Google Classroom (Classwork/Class Resources) and pages 52-64 of the Student Planner posted on www.al-haadi.ca.
6. Passing mark is 80% + for Grade 12 (Youth Forum) and 60% + for Grades 5-11.
Key Upcoming Dates:
Sept. 28: Last day to submit request for hardcopy books
Oct. 1 5PM : Grade 7 + Students to submit Student Council nomination form via Dinyat teacher.
Oct. 2: 11:30 am – 1 pm: Book Pickup/Drop-off Drive Thru for parents who have requested books via request form
Oct. 3: Parent/Teacher Meet & Greet (during class)
Oct. 10: closed due to Public Holiday
Oct. 17: Muharram/Safar Challenge due (see pg. 39-40 of Student Planner posted in www.al-haadi.ca)
Classroom invites & parent/student info changes
All students should have received invites to Google Classrooms (GC) which are being used for announcements, lesson material, and assessments. Invites have been sent to Student e-mail id if it was provided during registration; if not, invite was sent to parent’s email id. Please ensure you/your child accept the invite to obtain zoom link for the class. If an invite hasn’t been received, check in spam/junk folder and ensure notifications are turned on google account. If you still cannot find the invite, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that student info has been loaded in Classrooms, if you need to change the e-mail id, phone #, or other parent/student info, please perform both of the following steps:
1. Send a request to the Teacher via class e-mail id, email@example.com, where x= D for Dinyat or Q for Quran, y=grade, and z=A or B per registration confirmation e-mail. E.g. firstname.lastname@example.org is for Dinyat Grade 3, class B, and email@example.com is for Quran Grade 7, class A. CC: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Update parent/student record in parents portal (www.al-haadi.ca) by logging on using family id, and selecting Registration on left panel.
Student Programs – encourage child(ren) to get involved
As mentioned at the Sept. 10th Parents Info Session, we try to engage students via various Student Challenges. Parents are requested to encourage child(ren) to participate in the challenges.
1. Adventures of the Haadi Family weekly challenge: students must join Quran class within first 5 min in order to participate.
2. Student Council – Grades 7-12: Students who would like to be a part of Student Council team and represent their class, or be a part of the Core Team, help plan events, and learn/practice leadership skills should inform Dinyat teacher of their interest so the Teacher can submit nomination form. Deadline to submit the nomination forms per class is October, 1st, 5pm. Click here to watch video on why to join Student Council.
3. Muharram/Safar Challenge: see pg. 39-40 of Student Planner posted in www.al-haadi.ca
4. Community Service Award: see page 82 of Student Planner.
New documents on www.al-haadi.ca
a. Sept. 10th Parent Info Session slides & video
b. Student Council video
c. Helping Students (and Parents) transition back to a new Academic year by Sister Zahra Syed Khalfan, MA Clinical Psychologist
Previous updates can be viewed at www.al-haadi.ca
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Fatima Khimji & Amjad Datoo
Principal Vice Principal
Al-Haadi Study Centre